One day tour to the Light City Quanzhou from Xiamen
Take a trip to this ancient city and witness the past glories and modern charm of Quanzhou.
Highlights of the tour
- Worship Kaiyuan Temple-the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Fujian
- Walk on the oldest stone bridge still existing in China today
- Learn the fascinating history of Chinese maritime civilization
|2-3 persons||$198 ￥1360 ₱9900 $257 Rp2851200 INR13662 RM792 €170 £152 $265|
|4-5 persons||$109 ￥749 ₱5450 $142 Rp1569600 INR7521 RM436 €94 £84 $146|
|6-9 persons||$88 ￥605 ₱4400 $114 Rp1267200 INR6072 RM352 €76 £68 $118|
|10 persons or more||$64 ￥440 ₱3200 $83 Rp921600 INR4416 RM256 €55 £49 $86|
- Entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary
- Chinese lunch at popular local restaurant
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel (within the Xiamen main island)
- Professional, passionate English speaking tour guide service
- Insurance: China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes & fees
- Personal expenses
- Meals which are not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY100 per person per day for each of them, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them
After breakfasts, your guide and driver will escort you from the hotel to Quanzhou. The driving distance is about 1.5 hours.
Visit Kaiyuan Temple which is one of the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Fujian province. Kaiyuan temple was firstly built in 686 during Tang Dynasty and enjoys a history of more than 1,300 years. There were about 120 monasteries of Kaiyuan Temple in the Song and Yuan Dynasties, and the number of monks reached thousands. However, the existing part is only about 1/10 of the scale. The most famous of Kaiyuan Temple is its twin towers-East and West Tower. The east is the “Zhenguo Tower” and the west is “Renshou Tower”. They are more than 40 meters in height, standing through time and also a unique symbol of ancient city of Quanzhou.
Later, visit Quanzhou Maritime Museum. It is the only museum in mainland China that features the history of ancient Chinese overseas transportation. Concentrated on the glorious history of the ancient Eastern trading port of Quanzhou, the rich collection vividly reproduces the fascinating history of Chinese maritime civilization.
Have a typical minnan style lunch in local restaurant
Continue visit to Qingjing Mosque. Located in the city center, it is the earliest existing Islamic mosque in China. Qingjing Temple is a historical testimony of the friendly exchanges and cultural exchanges between the people of China and the Arab countries. It is also an important historical site of Quanzhou's overseas communication.
Last but not least, visit Luoyang Bridge. Built in 1053 in Song Dynasty, Luoyang Bridge is also called Wan An Bridge. It is China's first large stone bridge across the sea. The whole bridge was completely made of huge stones. Sturdy structure, beautiful appearance, high bridge engineering technology and artistic level, reflects the high wisdom of the ancient working people.
After the tour, transfer back to Xiamen (or to Quazhou airport for your onward flight). You may rest on the vehicle during the drive.