One day Xiamen and Gulangyu highlight tour
Explore Xiamen, the beautiful coastal city of southeastern China. Visit the World Heritage cultural site-Gulangyu Island.
Highlights of the tour
- Visit the most important Buddhist temple in Fujian area-South Putuo Temple
- Deluxe round-way ferry tickets included
- Stroll in elegant alleys of renowned Gulangyu Island and admiring the distinctive architectures
- Authentic meal in popular local restaurant where the locals eat
|1 person||$288 ￥1979 ₱14400 $374 Rp4147200 INR19872 RM1152 €248 £222 $386|
|2-3 persons||$179 ￥1230 ₱8950 $233 Rp2577600 INR12351 RM716 €154 £138 $240|
|4-5 persons||$119 ￥818 ₱5950 $155 Rp1713600 INR8211 RM476 €102 £92 $159|
|6-9 persons||$98 ￥673 ₱4900 $127 Rp1411200 INR6762 RM392 €84 £75 $131|
|10 persons or more||$78 ￥536 ₱3900 $101 Rp1123200 INR5382 RM312 €67 £60 $105|
- Entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary
- Chinese lunch at popular local restaurant
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel (within the Xiamen main island)
- Professional, passionate English speaking tour guide service
- Insurance: China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes & fees
- Personal expenses
- Meals which are not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY100 per person per day for each of them, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them
In the morning, start your Xiamen discovery with a visit to South Putuo Temple. It was first built in Tang Dynasty with over 1000 years of history and famous for its rich Buddhist cultural relics collection. Climbing up the Wulao Peak behind the temple, have a magnificent bird-view of Xiamen port.
Important note: It takes about 1-2 hours to reach the peak with numerous steps. Do wear comfortable shoes if planning to up the mountain.
Continue visit to Hulishan Fortress. Built in the year of 1891, the Hulishan Fortress integrated the styles of Ming and Qing Dynasties. The ancient military facilities (such as the gates, walls, emplacements, the barracks, the castle, the trenches and fortifications) built with high-quality granites are well-preserved and are also valuable historical relics for the study of China's maritime defense history, Westernization Movement history and military construction techniques.
Have a seafood lunch in local popular restaurant.
Then take a 20 minutes ferry to Gulangyu Island. It was a foreign enclave from the 1840s until the 1930s, and is now both a residential suburb and a major tourist area. Integrated history, culture and natural scenery, it was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2017. Called “the garden on the sea”, Gulangyu has more than 40% green land coverage and abundant plant populations. Filled with the charming colonial buildings such as churches, consulates, etc, Gulangyu is no doubt a museum of "Architecture of the World".
Climb onto the highest peak- Sunlight Rock, admire the bird eye view of this tranquil island. Later, visit the unique seaside park to Shuzhuang Garden. Covering an area of more than 3,000 square meters, Shuzhuang Garden was first built in 1913 by the rich Taiwanese merchant Lin Shuzhuang. Continue visit to the world-class Piano Museum in Shuzhuang Garden which is the only piano museum in China.
You could visit Xiamen Underwater World on Gulangyu optionally if interested
Later, take ferry back to Xiamen main island. Your guide and drive will escort you to the hotel (or to the airport/train station for your onward trip).