Day tour to the most beautiful and less crowded Chuxi Tulou
If you are looking for a less crowded and more authentic tulou experience, Chuxi Earth Building Cluster is the perfect choice for you.
Highlights of the tour
- Visit the most beautiful and less crowded Chuxi Tulou
- Trek along the field path in the back mountain of Chuxi and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of terraced rice fields
- Get the chance to visit a local family and chat with host and hostess to know about their daily life and local customs
|2-3 persons||$213 ￥1463 ₱10650 $277 Rp3067200 INR14697 RM852 €183 £164 $285|
|4-5 persons||$136 ￥934 ₱6800 $177 Rp1958400 INR9384 RM544 €117 £105 $182|
|6-9 persons||$105 ￥721 ₱5250 $136 Rp1512000 INR7245 RM420 €90 £81 $141|
|10 persons or more||$82 ￥563 ₱4100 $107 Rp1180800 INR5658 RM328 €71 £63 $110|
- Entrance fees to the attractions listed in the itinerary
- Chinese lunch at popular local restaurant
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel (within the Xiamen main island)
- Professional, passionate English speaking tour guide service
- Insurance: China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes & fees
- Personal expenses
- Meals which are not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY100 per person per day for each of them, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them
After breakfasts, your guide and driver will escort you from the hotel to Chuxi Earth Building Clusters in Yongding County. The driving distance is about 3.5 hours.
Chuxi Tulou Group has a pattern-like stretch with high historical, scientific, and artistic values. It is one of the representatives of Yongding Tulou and has been listed on the World Heritage List. The village of Chuxi Village has a population of more than 2,000 and all of them are surnamed Xu. The earth building clusters has a history of more than 600 years since its foundation in the late 14th century. There are 36 earth buildings in Chuxi, composed of five round buildings and 31 square buildings.
Have a Chinese lunch in the village.
Ascend to the observation deck and you will have a panoramic view of Chuxi Tulou. The south slope is a terraced terrace. The three giant round houses lined up are closely connected with two square towers. They have been mistaken for flying saucers or missile bases by foreign friends.
Visit the earth buildings.
The most worth-seeing building here is Jiqing Building. Completed in 1419, it has a history of more than 580 years. It is the oldest round building with the most stairs and special structures among the existing round buildings of Yongding. There are 72 stairs in the whole building without any snail. A large Hakka Folk Museum has been set up in the building, and valuable cultural relics in various times have been exhibited.
Continue visit other buildings like square Shengqing Building, round Shanqing Building and Gengqing Building, hexagon Gongqing Building, etc.
After the tour, transfer back to Xiamen. You may rest on the vehicle during the three hour drive.