One day tour to Tianluokeng Tulou Clusters from Xiamen
Visit the masterpiece of traditional Chinese residential buildings in Nanjing-Tianluokeng Earth Building Clusters
Highlights of the tour
- Enjoy the picturesque Tianluokeng Earth Building Cluster
- Visit the “rickety building”-Yuchang Building
- Stroll in the Taxia water village
|2-3 persons||$218 ￥1498 ₱10900 $283 Rp3139200 INR15042 RM872 €187 £168 $292|
|4-5 persons||$139 ￥955 ₱6950 $181 Rp2001600 INR9591 RM556 €120 £107 $186|
|6-9 persons||$108 ￥742 ₱5400 $140 Rp1555200 INR7452 RM432 €93 £83 $145|
|10 persons or more||$85 ￥584 ₱4250 $110 Rp1224000 INR5865 RM340 €73 £65 $114|
- Entrance fees to Tianluokeng Tulou & Taxia Village
- Chinese lunch at popular local restaurant
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel (within the Xiamen main island)
- Professional, passionate English speaking tour guide service
- Insurance: China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance during the tour
- Government taxes & fees
- Personal expenses
- Meals which are not indicated in the itinerary
- Gratuities to the tour guide & driver (usually CNY100 per person per day for each of them, please tip them separately.). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them
After breakfasts, your guide and driver will escort you from the hotel to Tianluokeng Tulou Clusters in Nanjing County. The driving distance is about 2.5-3 hours.
Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster is a masterpiece of traditional Chinese residential buildings. It is located in Tianluokeng Village in the west of Nanjing County, and is home to the Huang Family. There is one square building-Buyun Building, one oval building- Wenchang Building and three circular buildings-Zhenchang Building, Ruiyun Building, Hechang Building. All the buildings are well preserved.
Integrated with the beautiful natural scenery, the exquisite architectural combination of Tianluokeng Tulou Cluster compose a special scene just like "four dishes and one soup" if looking from above.
Have a Chinese lunch in the village.
Visit the earth buildings.
Later, continue visit the “rickety building”-Yuchang Building. It was built in the late Yuan Dynasty and the early Ming Dynasty (around 1368) and is the oldest and largest round building known so far. The biggest feature of the Yuchang Building is the column's inversion, with a maximum inclination of 15°. It looks like it is teetering. However, it has undergone seven hundred years of erosion and numerous earthquakes. It has still remained the same as ever and has become a living specimen of ancient residential buildings.
Stroll in Taxia Village along the tranquil river. Known as “Zhouzhuang Watertown in south of Fujian”, this village has a long history of over 700 years. It has more than 300 households currently. Taxia Village is a typical Chinese Hakka village and also home to many overseas Chinese. Take a look at the ancestral hall, De Yuan Hall where the local hakka people worship their ancestors.
After the tour, transfer back to Xiamen. You may rest on the vehicle during the three hour drive.